Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Am A Strange Loop by Douglas R. Hofstadter

For those of you who are just joining me, yesterday's booklist is not what I still have left to read this year. This is the list of what I could potentially have to read this year. All of the books that have been nominated (that I haven't read yet) and all of the books that have been suggested but not nominated or withdrawn are on this list. So just because a book isn't on the list doesn't mean it isn't under consideration. After all, I might have already read it. Looking through my book reviews might not help you figure it out either because sadly, I am a little behind on my posting.

I did finish I Am A Strange Loop but it was pretty slow going. The quantum physics didn't help me zip through it. It was incredibly interesting and if I didn't have a huge stack of books still waiting to be read I would have really sat down and read this more thoroughly so that I really understood what the author was saying. Unfortunately, this is not a book to read when you are in a reading time crunch but I recommend it for anyone who is interested in the nature of consciousness.

No comments: