Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Book Club

The newest book club I belong to is a "Martini" Book club. This usually means we are more interested in the martini than the book (Very Valentine in case you are interested.)

I couldn't make the martini I selected because there is a suspicious lack of lychee liquor in Kansas so I took the liquor store workers advice and made a Full Moon Martini, consisting of equal parts Grand Marnier and Amaretto with a healthy blast of lime. It was okay but not spectacular. My favorites are still the citrus martinis like the Key Lime Martini or the Lemon Drop Martini which is why I was so excited about the Lychee Martini. I should have looked at a few more recipes and I would have found I could use Lychee juice instead for the Martini.

The food, on the other hand was very good. I decided since the book was partially set in Italy I would have some good Italian olives, marinated mozzerella, and bruschetta. At the last minute I because fascinated with this blog and decided I simply must try the Crock-Pot Baked Brie. I will definitely be making this again. It was easy and really, really good.

No comments: