Thursday, March 04, 2010

Progress Report


As I have started reading for my new award committee I have not yet had a WOW moment resulting in a solid nomination for my committee. This makes me a little sad since other committee members have started nominating books left and right. I have HUGE lists built and I am confident that somewhere on them are some fabulous new titles that are award worthy but I want one now! I just started the new Bernard Cornwell and have high hopes for it. Wish me luck.

On the bright side, I have found some friends to help me pre-screen books so that my huge lists aren't quite so, well, huge. I will be fun to hear what friends think of the books on my list. If I decide to read them, it will also be fun to see how our genre reading tastes match (or don't). At the very least, by the end of the year I should be able to match them up with really great books I know they will love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have recently become an avid reader of this specific period of English history.

It all started when I watched "The Other Boleyn Sister." I knew it was historical fiction, but Philippa Gregory is just off the charts. Then I just seem to keep going and going...

I read a Washington Post review of Corwell's "Agincourt" that praised his historical accuracy. Maybe I'll give the Saxon series a try.

A Librarian said...

He really is an outstanding author. Very nice historical detail and great characters.