Thursday, March 11, 2010

Finished!

Here are the book I finished this week. Mind you, this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface...

A Matter of ClassA Matter of Class by Mary Balogh - wonderful straightforward romance novel. The plot twist wasn't particularly tricky but I do so love it when characters really like each other. This is a novella so it was a bit spare but I appreciated it after a couple of my other reads.

Highlanders Homecoming by Melissa Mayhue - I enjoyed this romance but I found the fantasy world building to be a bit convoluted. Reading the series in order might have made for a better reading experience but it didn't completely work as a stand-alone novel.

Be Careful What You Pray For by Kimberla Lawson Roby - I hadn't read this author before and had no idea what to expect. Who know there was that much sinning in a pastors life? Very dramatic. This one kind of reminded me of a Danielle Steel novel.

Crawlspace: A Home Repair is Homicide Mystery by Sarah Graves - Perfectly serviceable mystery but it didn't really capture my imagination.

Lessons in FrenchLessons in French by Laura Kinsale - This is an outstanding author with a gift for romance. I wish this novel would have been edited a bit more and it would have been a top 10 novel for the year. Still, the characters are delightful and their actions perfectly suit their respective characters.

Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins - This is another one that just barely missed the mark for me. I thought the premise was intriguing and I loved the hero. If only the heroine had been a little quicker on the uptake and had treated my boy just a little better.
Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd - An adrenaline novel that just didn't get my adrenaline pumping.

State of Decay (REVIVORS)State of Decay by James Knapp - This one was interesting. I thought the idea of one's body to be used as a soldier zombie after death was very inventive. The plot ended up becoming a little too convoluted but it was definitely worth reading. I think this will be an author to watch in the future.

No comments: