Sunday, March 07, 2010

My Oscar Picks...

I have never managed to win the contest at our Oscar parties in spite of (or perhaps because of) seeing most of the nominees. Still, it is fun to guess so I am going to give you my picks for the different categories.

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker
Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges
Actress in a Leading Role: Meryl Streep
Actor in a Supporting Role: I liked Matt Damon but I am going to have to go with Christoph Waltz
Actress in a Supporting Role: Mo'Nique
Animated Feature Film: I did not get a chance to see all of these. Up is my choice.
Art Direction: Sherlock Holmes
Cinematography: Avatar
Costume Design: Coco Before Chanel
Directing: Kathryn Bigalow for The Hurt Locker
Documentary Feature: I didn't get to see all of these. I am going with Food, Inc.
Documentary Short: I saw none of these. I am going to pick Rabbit a la Berlin because I like the title.
Film Editing: Inglorious Basterds
Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon since that is the only one I saw.
Makeup: Star Trek
Music (Original Score): The Hurt Locker
Music (Original Song): "The Weary Kind" from Crazy Heart
Short Film (Animated): Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty (although I think Logorama will win)
Short Film (Live Action): The Door
Sound Editing: Inglorious Basterds
Sound Mixing: The Hurt Locker
Visual Effects: Avatar
Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Precious
Writing (Original Screenplay): Up

There are a few of these that I had more than one possibility but these ended up being my favorites.

No comments: