Sunday, April 04, 2010

Traditions

In the years I have lived in Kansas City I have developed some traditions. Several years ago I started going to Tomfooleries on the Plaza for Easter brunch. Some years it is three of us, some years it is ten of us. Sure we could go at other times of the year but Easter brunch has become a tradition.  This year my friends Vince and Thundabolt, @Taracuda, @Imaginary_Mark and Twitter Adverse Dave, @WeezieBarker and Brent joined me for mimosas and custom omelets. Now I am official stuffed beyond what is wise.

Tomorrow continues another long standing tradition of going to the season home opener for the Kansas City Royals. This group has evolved over the years as well. I used to go with a group of Commerce Bank friends and then, when I joined Rotary I would go with my Rotary Club buddies. This year I finally had to canceled my membership in Rotary because I could no longer get to my Friday morning meetings.  Luckily, this year my friend Brent came to my rescue with tickets for the season home opener.  I invited him last year and this year he returned the favor. Tomorrow we will be heading out to celebrate the potential of a better year for the Royals.  I have non-meat options packed and plenty of beer and pretzel dollars set aside. Now the only question is: Since I don't have a Royals T-Shirt, which of the following T-Shirts should I choose?

2 comments:

Vince said...

A great tradition. So stuffed and so much fun. Is it next year yet?

Average Jane said...

I wish I could have joined you guys for brunch, but instead I hung out with the relatives at my sister's house. Perhaps next year...