Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday 7/15/2008


  • Started to listen to The Dybbuk on Book on Tape to prepare for the Jewish Literature program
  • Arrived at work at 8:15 and talked with the assistant branch manager about upcoming employee time off requests, discussed repair issues with facilities staff and worked on the hold list before opening the branch at 9 a.m.

  • Read Librarian by Day’s post and realized that I no longer remember the password for the branch library Flickr account and have no idea what random birthday I used. Now I can’t re-request the password.

  • Worked the circulation desk for a while. It's a good day when I can talk to a customer about books.

  • Met with the Public Affairs department to look at meeting room space and discuss layout and event issues.

  • Ate lunch and started a new (to me) series… His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik. Apparently this series is hot. How did I not know that?

  • Talked with administration and co-workers about the bike theft issue and a plan for checking out bike locks is in the works. I also asked Human Resources for some advice about a staffing issue.

  • Every once in a while a person needs a soothing no-brain task so I grabbed a list of books that had been marked missing and spent some time checking the library shelves for them.

  • Went through a couple of book review journals and marked books that were suitable for the branch, the reading award....and a few just for me. This is one of the most dangerous tasks I undertake because it often results in a flood of personal book orders for me.

  • Talked with a staff person about personnel "issues".

  • Went home, changed and joined friends at a much needed Dropkick Murphys concert.

No comments: