Sunday, January 31, 2010

Slumber Parties

Friday night I went out to a new friends house for a girls night/slumber party. She made us Stoli Doli's (soak fresh pineapple in vodka for a couple of days and you have an instant martini), I had my cards read (apparently conflict and theft are in my near future) and we played Rock Band till the wee hours. We skipped the board game which looked like much more work that any of us wanted to do on a Friday night. This was supposed to be a sleepover but since I now get up early to attend a 8 a.m. yoga class I braved the bad weather and headed home at around 1:30 a.m. which didn't exactly leave me at my best for exercise class.

I consider it a personal triumph that I made it up in time for yoga class on Saturday morning. Week by week it is getting a little easier to bend my body into positions last achieved when I was nine. After yoga, we all went over to Chez Elle Creperie and Coffeehouse and had breakfast. It is a perfect brunch establishment and I highly recommend it. For lunch I met a friend at The Westside Local for my last birthday party of the month. It is always sad when birthday month ends.

Later that night, a few neighbors came over for an Ab Fab watching marathon. As usual, I made way too much food and, of course, they also brought treats. We ate too much, drank Tootsie Roll Martinis and wine and had a wonderful time hanging out and gossiping. I do need to invest in some floor pillows for one friend who prefers stretching out on the floor to watch TV and I did a horrible job planning snack options for a real vegetarian but luckily, she forgave me.

Next time I host I think I am going to have a super-girly slumber party and possibly get someone in to do massages, etc...

No comments: