Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Book Meme

I was thinking of doing Bea's Meme because it is all about books but then I looked at the questions. In true INFJ fashion, I ended up writing paragraphs with all of the additions, exceptions and variables that could be included in each answer. This made it absolutely impossible to match to different pictures so you will just have to use your imagination.

1. Favourite author: In which genre? Which day? Which mood? This is like trying to figure out your favorite family member...impossible!

2. Favourite book: See question #1

3. Favourite poem: "Ozymandias" by Percy Bysshe Shelley

4. Favourite genre: I like everything but have never been able to embrace Horror.

5. Favourite non-fiction category: Egyptian archaeology

6. Favourite book as a child: Preschool: Green Eggs and Ham Grade School: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH and Black Beauty Tween: Swiss Family Robinson and The Witch of Blackbird Pond Teen: No one favorite but I seem to remember reading a lot of Danielle Steel and Zane Gray during those years.

7. What book are you reading now: A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years, 1917-1932 by John Richardson and Beautiful Children by Charles Bock

8. Favourite fictional character: I still like Ramona (of Ramona the Brave fame). I wish I was still that fearless.

9. Worst book you’ve read: Define "read". Do you mean books I have finished or books I have thrown across the room and refused to finish? Do you only mean published books? What about book manuscripts that authors asked for opinions on? Define "worst". Most poorly written? Not to my taste? Most repugnant hero/heroine? Worst editing?

10. A book that changed your life: Every book I have read has changed my life in large and small ways. I developed sympathy and empathy, respect for other cultures and religions, depth and breadth of knowledge, my ability to think critically, my questioning nature...from reading.

11. A movie that is better than the book: Every James Patterson.

12. Most disappointing adaption from a book: Every other movie from a book.

No comments: