Sunday, April 27, 2014

End of Readathon Meme Wrap Up

Which hour was most daunting for you?

The 4 am time slot was when the tired hit. I drifted off a couple of times and lost about 15 minutes of reading time.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

The Road was the last book I stayed up till dawn reading (apart from last night, of course) but individual tastes vary so much I would have to know more about a reader to recommend a book. For example, thrillers aren't that ...thrilling for me so something like Gone Girl would never end up on my "up all night" reading list but it would be a great choice for lots of people. On the other hand, I LOVED The Rook by O'Malley because of well, super powers, or any book with the potential to make me ugly cry would keep me up all night.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Everything went pretty smoothly this year but there were so many variations of the Twitter hashtag that it took longer than I would have liked to check all of the streams.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I think it all worked really well. I liked that I could control my level of participation.

How many books did you read?
9 and 1/3 books

What were the names of the books you read?
Hexed by Michelle Krys
Grim short story collection
Sex Criminals Volume 1
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
Sekret by Lindsay Smith
This One Summer by Julian Mariko
We Were Liars by E Lockhart
Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge
A Girl Called Fearless by Catherine Linka

Which book did you enjoy most?
Either Etiquette and Espionage, Page by Paige or This One Summer. Also Sex Criminals is off to a promising start but it is too early to be sure if it will keep my interest.

Which did you enjoy least?
I am not finished with A Girl Called Fearless but I haven't been loving it.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? 
Not a cheerleader but they did a great job!

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Definitely plan yo do this again and hope to add a charity fundraiser now that I have the mechanics worked out.











2 comments:

Joel said...

Hi, Nice post I enjoyed reading it. Can I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com

Clipping Path said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.