Sunday, November 01, 2009

Blogging Anniversary





Three Halloweens ago I went to my first blogger meet-up. It was a relatively safe start for trying out these events where I would be meeting whole new groups of people. Especially since the friend hosting, gonemild, is a dear friend and someone I have known for years. It was supposed to be a Halloween party but I didn't get past the "and I will be serving my homemade beer" part of the invitation before hitting the RSVP button so I was the only one there without a costume. In spite of that, or maybe because of the beer (which remains my all-time favorite gonemild brew) I had a wonderful time.

That night was so important to me because I ended up meeting people that have become some of my very best friends. In addition to gonemild and his wife, I found Keith, Janet, Spyder, Kanga, XO, Eric, Well Hell Michelle (blog now retired), Average Jane, M Toast (blog now retired) and Krissy. I have met many wonderful people since that party but these are the people who will always hold a special place in my heart for their warm acceptance of me in their lives.

And General Blather, of course!

6 comments:

GB, RN said...

I can't believe you forgot about me. ~sniff~

Xavier Onassis said...

Nice to meet you!

A Librarian said...

What? You weren't in a single picture from that night. How did so many of you manage to avoid the picture-taking?

The DLC said...

What the hell is XO doing in that picture?

A Librarian said...

I believe that is what is known as "showing off one's balls".

Venus and Mars said...

Blogger meet-ups? I will have to check on that in my area. Love the Clockwork Orange costume. Sounds like a blast.