BlogDay posting instructions:
- Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
- Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2008
- Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
- Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
- Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2008and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org/
Since I read hundreds of blogs I thought I would pick one blog from a couple of my major categories.
Music Blogs - Covert Curiosity is a great blog with lots of new music to discover as well as free downloads of the recommended music. I follow a lot of music blogs but this is the only one I read religiously.
Book Blogs - Smart Bitches, Trashy Books is always a good choice for feeding my inner snark and the fact that I always find some good romance novels to recommend to customers is just a nice side benefit.
Odds and Ends - Crazy Aunt Purl - I don't knit but I love her voice. She isn't afraid to be silly or to laugh at herself, a totally endearing quality the blogosphere.
Social Networking and Tech blogs - Mashable is the blog I would follow if I could only pick one. I always find something interesting to talk about and I particularly loved that Facebook vs. Myspace evaluations.
Professional Development - Stephen's Lighthouse - Stephen is great at repackaging library and technology news for the library crowd.
Make sure you link back to Blogday.org with your post, and share your five new blog picks for this year.